View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2012, 11:29 AM   #1782
fordendk
Who's jealous now?

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2012

Just in case anyone doesn't know this... Kawasaki went to market in Indonesia first with the new 2013 Ninja 250 with FI. The used some bullshit leaked cover story that they wanted to get to market in Indonesia first because it is the biggest market worldwide. This is complete crap. What they did was take the Ninja 300 which was being manufactured for US and Europe and sleeved the engine down from 300cc to a gutless 249cc. The result is a sluggish bike that is way worse than the carb 250r ever was because they have a bike designed for a 39hp engine with a kludgy sleeved 249cc workaround that has less HP than the carb 250 version and a much heavier bike etc.. They simply designed it that way to get around the tax laws in Indonesia and get to market before they release the 300 avoiding consumer confusion and keeping their sales up. This really turns me off Kawasaki. I'm keeping my carb 250r here because the FI bikes suck ass big time. I have tried riding one with a PowerCommander and aftermarket exhaust etc. and still very gutless. Everyone I have talked to here says that they are gutless and they can't do anything except maybe re-sleeve the engine to 300cc when an aftermarket kit is available at a reasonable price. **** you Kawasaki. My next bike will be an R6 Yamaha.
fordendk is offline   Reply With Quote