Thread: Sidi boots
View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:12 AM   #12
SMman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Danger

Motorcycle(s): 15 CBR300R, 14 BWS50, 09 FZ1, 09 Ninja 250, 06 CRF450R Motard, 03 ZX-6R

I'm on my second pair of Sidis and love them. My wife also wears Sidis. They are very comfortable and offer lots of protection. I normally wear a size 9 shoe and the size 42 Sidis fit perfectly. The 43 was definitely too big and caused my heel to lift. I like the fact that the boots aren't too big and cumbersome like others with the innner booties (Alpinestars) and they are comfortable to walk in. You can replace all the bolt on pieces which is a nice touch.

I still have my Sidi Race Vertebra boots and the only issues I've had is the shiny silver ankle piece (see pic) broke after riding a friend's RMZ450 and one of the zipper pulls came off. The zipper still works and I simply attached a small key ring to replace the zipper pull. They are now my boots I use when the CRF450R is setup for the dirt. The soles are starting to wear down after many years of use so I picked up a pair of Sidi B-2 boots. The B-2s don't have the carbon fiber bling and extra ankle pieces but have worked great on the street and track on a variety of bikes for. I wear them with my leathers, jeans, and textile suit. I've looked at the shorter boots but prefer to have the full protection of the full length ones.

Bottom line: you can't go wrong with Sidi!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00110.jpg (83.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_Sidi_B-2_Boots.jpg (50.6 KB, 7 views)