View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #15
r6boater
ninjette.org member

Name: Kurt

Motorcycle(s): '04 R1 and '08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblekain View Post
I can let you try mine on too since we are "Somewhat" of the same build. The one I got has complete coverage of the back including the scapula and lower tailbone. It's a big piece. After my last crash I thought I broke my scapula because my shoulder blades hurt for several days and my left arm was actually numb for almost a month! Luckily the doctor said it wasn't broken (when he did strength tests to my arm bedside). He did give me a scare saying its possible I may have damage some nerves considering the severity of the impact but said best case scenario is it will come back in time...luckily it was the best case scenario.

After you have a crash like mine, things change and now I also bought a Leatt Neck brace.
Is your Leatt specifically for Roadracing? I had heard they were working on one. Draik's Safermoto vest provides some really good neck support in a crash when it inflates but doesn't interfere with body/head position when it's not inflated (it's tethered to the bike and blows in the event of an off)