View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #18
r6boater
ninjette.org member

Name: Kurt

Motorcycle(s): '04 R1 and '08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblekain View Post
Yep, the Leatt Neck Brace I have is the STX...specifically for road use. So far Jason Britton is their sponsored rider (stuntah) for the product. Initial fitting around the house is good. We shall find out if its good or not. I did have to call them up because I couldn't see their sizing chart...glad I did because i was about to order a S/M and I actually needed a L/XL!!!

My girlfriend and I have a Safermoto Airbag vest. When I had my D675 I HATED it because the air cartridge would get caught underneath the lip of my gas tank and it really interfered with my riding. I still have it and it may work well still now that the shape of the tank between a D675 and the NInja 250 is completely different. We shall see.

My girfriend had the (un)fortunate time of actually putting it to use. She lowsided at Chuckwalla Turn 14 CCW. She was perfectly fine and bounced like a beach ball. I have friends that have it but what turned me off was a friend of mine crashed at a high speed turn wearing the Safermoto vest and hers actually did not deploy!!! Luckily she was not injured...but kinda scary to think when you would need it, it fails. With the Leatt, its on there no matter what and not dependent on activation of some sorts.
Cool cool, let us know how the leatt works out, you are the only one I know of having one and would like to hear some feedback.