View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #1
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
"all work and no play makes jack a dull boy"

So was thinking about my riding a little today and this is kind of how i felt.

Since i got my bike in Oct. 2012 i have racked up close to 3000 miles. The vast majority of these miles have been highway and commuting miles. Most of my riding is done to and from work and on occasion in order just to get somewhere and back.
However this weekend i was lucky enough to get out and do some pleasure riding. Only second time i had gotten a chance, and i was able to find some great back country roads with no traffic and some nice turns. I had lots of fun and definitely went fast and everything felt good. But i could not help but think about my lack of experience in these kinds of situations. I am super comfortable on the highway, highwind, rain, night time, traffic you name it cuz i have done it all numerous times, but I find it hard to push the bike to it's full capabilities or even probably 80% of its capabilites on these back roads or twisties mainly due to my sense of caution with road conditons. It is hard for me to get over the foresight that around every turn could be....well anything.

In short, i need to do more pleasure riding and work on my twisties but keep it safe. Any suggestions other than going to the track? I am broke and not even sure how much a track day costs and am not sure it would be for me either way.

Was thinking about setting up cones in a large vacant parking lot or something of that nature.

cheers,
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote