View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #83
Plumbernick9
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
I'm not knocking those who take the MSF with zero riding skills because let's be honest where else can you hop on a bike and learn with no experience. But at the same time I also see the MSF as a $250 bribe to the state so you can get a license with nearly zero chance at failing. I know I'm going to ruffle some feathers hear but I've heard some amazing stories of riders clearly unsafe to handle a motorcycle being passed. I've also seen my share of riders on the street that make me think that that person doesn't belong on a bike. Motorcycles just carry to high a penalty to those who can't handle them. So when the system allows someone to essentially pay $250 to ride in 15mph circles and cram for a written test, then is given full access to 200hp machines it needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Note: I don't think passing the DMV cone test proves your any better of a rider because simply put the cone test is a bigger joke then the MSF passing ever student indiscriminately.

Im glad you have joined us here and have chosen a sensible bike to start on I wish you safe and fun learning experience. If you have a chance to hop on a dirt bike with some friends don't pass it up you'll learn a lot.
How is this any different from a 16 year old kid with a new drivers license getting behind the wheel of a brand new Z06 Corvette?

If you don't have the skill, you shouldn't be behind the wheel. The actual license has nothing to with it.
Plumbernick9 is offline   Reply With Quote