View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #1
ninjette.org member

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): 03 ninja 250

Newgen rear swing arm/tire and front forks.

So I have a friend who's getting rid of newgen rear swing arm and front forks+upper and lower triples as well as front caliper/disc/lever/resevoir. Guy said he could use some cash so to make him a reasonbe offer.

From what I gather is the rear swing arm requires the caliper bracket, and axle bolt, and a newgen rear tire, the front seems like I'd have everything is need except the handle bars, which I think are included from what I saw via picture.

So my biggest reasoning for wanting to do this is the for the bigger rear tire, not to look like a 600 but I travel mainly highway and from what I've read the bigger tire helps with being blown around and getting a squirrelly feeling with ruts in road and such.

So far is this accurate?
So depending on how much I can get it for, is there any downside? Besides the fact of having to buy new wheel+tires.

I'm going to say that running a 17" rear and stock 16" front is no good, so I'd need the front as well and from what I've read you can't get a 17" newgen front rim on the pregen forks and such.

Thoughts?
02337 is offline   Reply With Quote