View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #73
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

all this talk about learning to blip and downshift while braking seems to beg for the response...

this is really two steps...

learn to blip-and-downshift-without-braking properly before you even think about adding in the front brake.

once you've mastered that, and can blip the throttle without thinking about it, add in the front brake. Thinking about blipping while maintaining proper braking force is difficult. Make it so they're both sub-conscious, then integrate the two. If you start thinking about too many things while in a situation on the road where you need to stop, you're going to make mistakes. You can still ride very safely on the road without engaging the clutch at every downshift for every stop. I live in the city. I frequently stop. I don't engage my clutch at every downshift, if I did, I'd probably have no clutch left. Regardless of how good you get at it, you're not going to get it perfect every time. Just go down through the gears slowly, as if you were actually engaging the clutch, just no need to blip and engage. That way you're still ready to blip and accelerate when needed.
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote