View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #2
MistahT
ninjette.org member

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 FZ6R, 2006 Ninja 250, 1977 Suzuki GS550

Quote:
Originally Posted by im50un1que View Post
I am practicing on a learner permit. I was on the right hand side of the street and needed to be in the left to make a left turn. In the middle of the right and left lanes, there was a set of metro tracks which I tried crossing over. My bike wobbled over the slippery tracks and I went down on my left hand side. I was wearing a leather jacket with leather guards, my helmet, and leather gloves. I had a scrape on my knees and some bruising from going down.
Now on to the bike, my gear shifter was bent on, which luckily a neighbor helped me bend back on. My fairings have scratches like some from the other pictures and my left front turn signal was gone. My question is do I bother replacing the fairing on a 2010 250r blue which I'm having trouble finding for in this color or put frame sliders on? I have ordered an OEM replacement left front turn signal already. Some friends had suggested getting flush mount turn signals because "it looks cool". One particular friend's suggestion stuck out to me and that was not to get flush mounts because they are not visible, especially if I'm a new rider. I'm all about safety and know this is a dangerous, but good way of transportation. Let me know what you think
If that fairing isn't too bad, put it back on. It's only cosmetic. Wouldn't you feel bad if you bought another fairing, and then went down again? Either that or run it without fairings for a bit til you have more confidence on the bike.
MistahT is offline   Reply With Quote