View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:43 AM   #14
wardie
ninjette.org guru

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 06 KLR 650,12 250 Ninja, 86 DR 125, 07 CRF 100, 09 Tomos Streetmate LEL Record Holder, 88 K100 RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman1313 View Post
Weeeeelllllll...I finally bit the bullet and bought a Twisted Throttle Alu-Rack Toprack. It was hard to swallow paying $119 plus shipping but I am going to say it is awesome! The rack is far more sturdy then I expected it and pretty easy to install. I have only had it on for a couple rides (one 215 miler and today's 359 miler) and I am already in love with it. I bought it to make my little commuting Ninja better to go to work and back with BUT now I am realizing I have just turned this little girl into a touring bike. Today I stuck a cooler, snacks, and a few other essentials and went off on a LOOOONNNGGG ride! It was awesome to just pop open, get what I need and not worry about bungees and tie downs and such. I added a Garage Pro Motorcycle Travel Trunk from JC Whitney for $49 and they work great together. The trunk is probably bigger then most would prefer but I am pleased with it. I recommend BOTH!

Attachment 19429 Attachment 19430 Attachment 19431 Attachment 19432 Attachment 19433
Just ordered same set up for my 07 Ninja 250. Like the locking aspect. No more soft sided bags just put clothes in box. Camping gear over passenger side of seat and we're off on an adventure. Will try this set up on my 8 day trip to Daytona Bike Week. Looking for anybody in the Daytona region to maybe ride with. Wardie