View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:30 PM   #87
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I do get frustrated when I see Kawasaki knowingly using bad rubber on our bikes and often wonder if Honda would ever do the same. It isn't coincidence that the exposed windscreen wellnuts are the same size but a different part number (all the rest are "out of sight, out of mind").

I'm also annoyed by our CDI, petcock, and other frustrating quality issues.
They aren't necessarily bad tires, they are high mileage tires. High mileage tires are a harder compound so they last longer, my first set I got 11k out of them. Think about who the target is for the 250s though (or was). n00bs. n00bs that aren't going to care what tires are on the bike, n00bs that wouldn't know the difference between the tires. I'm not so sure that the IRC's are a cost cutter because if you look them up they are only slightly cheaper (particularly for a company buying in bulk) than the good rubber

Also, on the 300s the IRC tires are supposed to be a better stickier compound though likely still "high mileage"

Oh also, my cdi and petcock work perfectly
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote