View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:37 PM   #88
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
They aren't necessarily bad tires, they are high mileage tires. High mileage tires are a harder compound so they last longer, my first set I got 11k out of them. Think about who the target is for the 250s though (or was). n00bs. n00bs that aren't going to care what tires are on the bike, n00bs that wouldn't know the difference between the tires. I'm not so sure that the IRC's are a cost cutter because if you look them up they are only slightly cheaper (particularly for a company buying in bulk) than the good rubber

Also, on the 300s the IRC tires are supposed to be a better stickier compound though likely still "high mileage"

Oh also, my cdi and petcock work perfectly
Not tires. I edited above. I'm talking about all the rotten rubber wellnuts, clutch cable boot, trip-meter reset button cover, etc. The parts catalog proves that they know about the bad rubber as far as wellnuts are concerned. The two visible windscreen wellnuts with the different part number (and same size) are the only ones that weren't rotten on my entire bike when I looked at them all after 1 year old... except for the two a dealer already had to replace when they first serviced the bike (right fairing). I bought a replacement trip meter rubber bulb that rotted in my tool box before I even installed it (set it aside to instal the next time I was in the gauge). I bought a replacement clutch cable and it rotted while the bike was in storage for less than a year (looks fine until you operate the clutch and see the cracks straight through the rubber).

Also, there are manufacturing QA issues, like the rubber seat dampers falling out of the passenger seat due to not being fully installed. Mine didn't make it home from the dealer. Most people missing them never even knew they were there. They clearly knew about the problem because they started adding glue, but the real problem was that they were never fully inserted (replaced mine, fully inserted them, noted that they appear fully inserted before they actually are, used the helmet lock daily for four years, and they never fell out again). Kawi probably fixed that a long time ago, but there's no excuse for adding glue to the process before identifying the real issue.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote