Thread: My turn
View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #35
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

What I did wrong

I did a few things wrong that caused my accident. I can't blame the cager this time. I am enumerating them with the hopes that it will help other people avoid the same problem.

1. Riding tired. Being tired decreases your skill level.
2. Went too fast. I hit the curve a bit too fast. 40mph is too fast for a 35' radius curve.
3. Riding with new tires. I am told by several people that new bike tires are a bit slick for various reasons. They should not be trusted until the ticks have worn off the bottom.
4. Riding with a different brand tires. Different tires handle differently.
5. Distracted by traffic and other things. Riding requires one's full attention.

The above were all factors in what caused me to go down.

Any any event, I'm able to move my arm a bit more now. I had to get on the bike and ride to the local drug store this morning to get some bandages. That was literally a pain. I had a serious problem bending my knee because its pretty stiff from the road rash and bruising. I didn't realize how much it had to bend to get on the bike until now.

That said, the next time I need tires I'm going back to the Pirelli Sport Demons and sticking with them.

Last futzed with by n4mwd; February 10th, 2013 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Corrected radius
n4mwd is offline   Reply With Quote