Thread: new bike today
View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2009, 05:35 AM   #16
IlBLisSlI
i'm a cow killer

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2006 250r

update: alright i have to give a little ride report. Drove about 200 miles yesterday on the new bike and all i can say is that I've completely fallen in love with the 250 again.

while my old bike was in mint condition, it was starting to run a little crappy and have cold start issues. I was thinking about rebuilding the carbs the weekend i totaled it. However this new bike has no such issues and its made me really appreciate what a fantastic running machine these little bikes are.
The guy i bought it from really took great care of this thing. not a chip or scratch on the paint, and not a spec of grease or dirt anywhere on the motor. He had also added a few nice things like LED rope lighting inside the plastics so that the bike glows blue at night. not sure i'll ever use that but his install was super clean.
The bike has brand new tires. unfortunately they were the same tires that come on the bike originally. I hate having to ditch brand new tires but those things just suck in the rain, so i'm ordering a new set of pirelli sport demons today.
IlBLisSlI is offline   Reply With Quote