View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #9
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSX650F! Past: Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sold); Triumph Street Triple (Sold); Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Yup, common problem getting a lot of play on the interwebz. It's happened to me exactly once in the first few hundred miles. I increased my idle a bit and it never happened again. I have 2500 miles on it now.

I also always blip the throttle on downshifting. Some folks are angry about 'oh you shouldn't HAVE to do that.' I dunno. But this seems common for small displacement FI bikes (CBR had TONS of issues). Lots of folks still learning to ride grab the throttle as soon as they're ready to decel. The fuel cuts, rpms drop really fast, and the bike dies. My guess is that having a slightly low idle aggravates the problem, as the rpm drops even further.

So can't be sure, of course, but my guess is that if you: 1, raise your idle a bit, and 2, don't grab the clutch until you need to (and work on blipping the throttle on downshifts), your problem will go away. My hypothesis. Good luck.
tnr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.