Thread: Children
View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #1
Domagoj
ninjette.org guru

Name: Domagoj

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2009

Children

This turned out to be quite long. Sorry.

For the last few years I've been postponing the trouble but now it seems to have caught up with me.

I've been trying to find anything positive about it, any logical or reasonable reason on why are kids such fun. Help me.

- reduces your personal time to 0
- no intimacy with your spouse, no track days, no games, no sleeping late, no vacations, no piece and quiet
- one must become responsible and exemplary
- additional financial strain
- in the first few years it's responsive as a cat, but catches all that's happening around it
- later it has a million boring questions which are no fun answering
- then it becomes an annoying teenager
- if all is well, it becomes a person who wants to leave
- if something goes wrong it becomes a burden for the rest of your life

- how do you stop yourself from imposing your opinion instead of offering it?
- are there things which should be imposed?
- how do you stop yourself from transfering all your flaws to the kid?
- how do you survive more work after work for the rest of your life?
- maybe the most important of all:

How do you lead, how do you guide a new life if you have only questions and no answers?

There really is a lot of children on this planet. Continuing the species really is not the answer. Leaving something behind is also unsatisfactory - there is nothing particulary worthwile in reproducing another average human who does nothing except burn oil and air, and makes money for it while doing another meaningless and boring job. Chances of it becoming someone who really will help humanity are so slim that they are not worth taking. Besides, why is humanity so important or good that it deserves to continue? Just another carbon based life form.

Answers like "you'll see, you'll like it" are ... well, dumb, to put it simply. What if I don't like it? Stuck with it for the rest of my life? For example, there are people who like to buy a car and drive it on the street in the straight line. They may tell me I'd like that too, but it's just not the case.

You'll need to have someone when you grow old. Well, when I need someone, I certainly hope that I won't be ruining my childrens lives with my old age stupidity and wetting my pants. Taking care of an old bugger is just no fun at all. Not something they should be doing. At least not for the sake of doing it.

Everyone wants kids! Except crazy people. Well... Actually a very small percentage of people are very intelligent. Most of us are average or stupid. It's common knowledge that stupid and poor people tend to have many kids - it's a bit mean to say it, but I think it's because sex is cheap and they have nothing else to do.
Not that being intelligent really matters. We all have our fears and questions, and our doubts. It's just the question of the level they're on. How far does one see.
Domagoj is offline   Reply With Quote