Thread: Children
View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #2
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2012 red 250 ninja

If you have to ask the questions, the answers won't make sense to you. It's like asking why you would want to ride a motorcycle, you are exposed to the elements, you are at greater risk to the inattentive drivers around you, as a means of fun what's the point, you just ride around, you have to do all this maintenance on them, etc.

So long as you look on your parents as a potential liability, as just something that you will have to deal with later in life, and not as a valuable loved member of the family, you simply won't understand. So long as you look on family as a hindrance to you going out and having fun, you won't understand.

Just take it from someone who does understand, things like track days are fun, but they won't make you feel fulfilled. It's why I hate hearing people talk about putting family on hold until they do something with their career, you will never get fulfillment out of your job, it's something you do to allow yourself to live, it's not your life. Family, relationships, these are life, and you do other things, you amuse yourself with motorcycles, with sports, with whatever it is that you enjoy doing, and that is good, but they aren't your life, and if they are, you will find yourself empty someday soon.

I'm sorry I can't answer the question better. It's something that you have to come to understand yourself.
ChaoSS is offline   Reply With Quote