View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #1
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): '14 Honda NC700X; '14 Honda CRF250L; '07 Lifan 200

My baby is sick! =(

I have a stock 2007 with 16k miles on it. I bought her with 9.5k so I have put 7k on the bike myself. I did an oil change, oil filter, and spark plugs when I first bought her. I then changed the oil again at 13k and she is now due her oil change since I do my oil changes at 3.5k. I moved homes and trailer-ed the bike to my new home. I went out on a ride and about a few miles out she just died. She had half a tank of gas so she was not on empty and she had already used up half a tank of gas so I assume the gas was fine. I waited a few minutes playing with the reserve and just messing with the choke and everything else I knew but she still wouldn't crank. Before I started to take off my gear to call someone for help I tried to crank her one more time for "$h!ts and giggles" and she turned right on so I shot out like a "bat-outa-hell" and made it home. I have not been able to keep her running since. At first she would crank with full choke on but would turn off when I gave her gas. Now she barely cranks up with full choke. She cranks then after a few minutes she just shuts off. She will not turn back on but if I let her sit for a few hours I can go back out there, crank her up but again after a few minutes she turns off again. I really haven't had time to play too much with her and am planning to do an oil and oil filter change this week plus maybe the plugs too just to see if it helps out.

She was being ridden about once or twice a week before the problem began due to cold temps and she has always been inside a garage.

Any hints / suggestions??

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!
vman1313 is offline   Reply With Quote