View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:38 PM   #7
kingkang204
ninjette.org guru

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): Bike-less, Can I ride yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Very interesting question, Matthew !!!

The danger is out there, every single time that you ride.

There are many ways to reduce the risk, but there is no way to eliminate it completely.

If you decide riding, you have to be ready to pay the ultimate price.

If you are not, riding is not for you.
I believe the reason I've been thinking about this recently is because I've realized that my parents have invested a lot in me (school is expensive). Plus, I am not sure if I would be willing to endure future pain (in the case of an accident), potentially for the rest of my life, for some enjoyment now.

I understand riding technology (in terms of safety) has advanced, but I haven't looked into it enough to see how well it mitigates the forces from crashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
It's hard to say for the street but as a racer for many years you live more in 5 minutes at 200 mph then most do in a lifetime. I understand the dangers and possibilities but in order to live a free life unobscured by worries I don't think about them unless I have to because doing so won't change the outcome of your choices. I do my best to limit how much fun(riding fast) on allow myself to have on the street, but will admit it was easier a year ago when I first started then now.
I have never been out on a track before, but it was something that I was interested in. When I think about riding with my brother I remember all the good times, and I imagine its somewhat like the feeling of living more in 5 minutes than most other people do in a lifetime. But, I think if I chose to ride again, I couldn't do what I did before.