Thread: Honda CB500
View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #248
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

Quote:
Dude, HP isn't everything. How many times do I have to remind you of this? For goodness sake, you're on a forum for people who own one of the most anemic sport bikes on the road.

The engine has a relatively long stroke compared to its bore. That means it's going to make a lot of torque. But it still stays within the same UK engine restrictions that the 300 does. Like I said before, I'm betting a little work will change it a lot.

All this means is you'll have more torque than the 300. Torque is fun. Who cares about top speed?

Take one for a test ride before you bash on it for no other reason than numbers.
CALM DOWN MAN. You realize this was posted way before we started arguing in my video thread lol. It makes the same amount of torque as the ninja 500 with quite a bit less horsepower, the torque is just lower which means less rpms to reach it. The thing is that.... high rpms are fun! Like you said, this is a forum for one of the lowest powered sport bikes available, so you should know a little about having to rev real high to make power.

I'm sure it will be a great bike, it is a honda, just probably not what I'm looking for.
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote