View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #19
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRad704 View Post
Good Deal!

From what I saw while spraying, the overlap areas of each pass are very noticible. Way more noticable than regular spray paint. If you want to do the bike once and have it done right, you will want to practice on something else first. And you have to use a knife or razor to trim the edges/tape lines afterwards. Otherwise the plastidip is strong enough to pull off with the tape.

FWIW, I took the white off mine earlier today in 1 giant piece! LOL! Pretty amazing (and fun) stuff.

Thanks for the hints and tips. I'll try my best to smoothly overlap. The areas I will be spraying are much smaller than what you did. So hopefully it will be less noticeable. I'll probably do 3 good coats and see how it turns out. Then I will do the other side.

I will just be spraying the rear number panel (or what would be a number panel if it was an MX bike). Not sure how terrible it's going to turn out. But that's the cool thing about plasti-dip. You can just peal it off.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote