View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:13 PM   #273
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYB_ View Post
Was looking at the CBR500 for sure as my first bike. I thought 500 cc's in Canada to get under the 600cc insurance bracket, cheap but still fun bike.

After reading about the 47hp and 8.5k red line I am less inclined to pick one up. I was expecting it to perform atleast as well as the old ninja 500 or better =\ Honestly, wish Yamaha would just crank out a 400 or 500cc sport bike similar to their R125. Something that looks extremely sexy, puts out about 55-65hp for around 7k new, now that would be HEAVEN.

Until then, I think I will pick up a 300 to learn on since I'm on a budget for the time being and then just upgrade to a 600 later. CBR500 seems like kind of a tease. It's like an ugly girl you settle for because atleast you think she has big ****. Later when you go under the shirt for the first time, you find out she has a padded push up bra and what you think was going to be a redeeming quality, isn't at all.
Unfortunately the big 4 will probably all keep their sub 600cc machines at 47bhp, thank you EU safety nazis

There's no real market for a high powered 400 any more, bit of a shame really.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote