View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:18 PM   #19
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Sunday ride report?
Just looped around Calaveras on the new scoot. I never should have cheated on it. Love the riding position, love the handling, love the suspension, love the gadgets, love the fact that you can feel that the motor is running through the grips without it being the least bit bothersome. Brakes felt soft for the first few miles, but the pads seem to have bedded in a bit, and felt great by the end of the ride. Same with the shifter, which felt notchy/clunky yesterday, but after adjusting the lever and putting some miles on it today has really loosened up and feels much smoother. It immediately feels more agile than the bike I've just written off, which isn't hard to understand when you look at a wheelbase that is almost 8" shorter and a bike that is carrying 150 less pounds.

Not a fan of the stock tires on this bike, the same Metzeler Z8's that BMW is putting on a number of their bikes now. The grip feels OK, but I don't like the profile much, and the transition from grip to no grip isn't as progressive as I prefer. Can't wait to burn through them and put on PR3's. This bike has a cubbyhole in the top of the fairing, but not as large as the older RTs, so it doesn't look like I can fit a cycle pump in it. I did remove the foam padding in it, which just let me fit a SPOT tracker in there for today's ride, as I don't even have a tank bag yet. While the uber-integration of the control wheel on the K is nice, I think I prefer the individual buttons on this bike for things like the heated grips / heated seat and even the ESA. It's just quicker to get things done than continuing to scroll through multiple pages of features. The RT has the same control wheel, but it pretty much only controls the audio system here.

Happy to be riding again, and looking forward for a whole pile of miles/smiles on this one.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote