View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #54
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

There have been updates on the facebook page, but for those who haven't gone over there, I'll repost the gist of it here.

We're back on the same type of server that we were on over the weekend when we got booted off for too much cpu/disk utilization. The SSD server that I moved things to last night had another issue (unrelated to us), so the host moved everyone that they had moved to the new server, back to a SSD/Cached server. Everything seems to be running reasonably well here, but we won't be here permanently. Once the SSD-only server is stable again, we will move this VPS over to one of those, which should get us the most performance and least likelihood of overloading anything, at anywhere near our expected level of traffic. That next move shouldn't require any additional work by me, other than a resync/repair/optimize of the database tables once we're at the new server, but that's just a couple clicks.

Thanks for all of your patience while these teething pains work themselves out. While I don't like any of this downtime, the hosting company has been quite communicative and responsive throughout, and you can't really ask for much more than that at this very reasonable price point.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote