View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2009, 02:22 PM   #17
Buffalony
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

Quote:
Originally Posted by komohana View Post
i got to ride a friend's buell during a local bike run. it was one of his earliest models with a 1200cc engine. the bike WANTED to be ridden fast, was the impression i got. unfortunately it was one freaking uncomfortable beast. felt like i sat on a riding lawn-mower with a 2 x 4 piece of wood as a seat.
+100
I drove an older buell thunder bolt 1200 and it scared the crap out of me. I was going to buy it. then I test drove it. That speed demon in me showed his ugly face again. When I got back from the test drive the seller asked me what I thought. I replied seriously "Sorry, but its too fast for me" . While it put a smile on my face, I knew I would eventually get myself into trouble on it because I'm not to experienced and I'm still some what younger. I figure the inexperienced/immature squid in me wouldve been forced to come out and play at the wrong time.

I'd rent a Harley or a Buell though.

I just bought an new bike...well its old an 82 Yamaha xj650 maxim. And I couldnt be happier with it even though its for my old lady.

It revs surprisingly high for a cruiser though. 12k I recall.

While we all know we get blown around some on the ninjette compared to bigger bikes, I noticed while riding the maxim that it likes to sit in the lowest point of the road. It's only 500lbs. With a 750lb average I imagine Harleys would be worst. Maybe the Maxim just needs suspension work? anyone? With the ninja It'll stay anywhere, even on the side of a groove happily an shoots anywhere you point it. I love this little bike.