View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #25
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
If you're worried about lean, just look at the readout from your O2 sensors. That will give you an idea. 0.450 mV is consistent with 14.7 AFR.

Start playing with the rich map and ignition timing I've posted. The rich map feels significantly better at 0.88 instead of 0.82 or whatever the supplied map is at. I haven't ridden on the more advanced ignition map yet, but igk and Lolibater both said it feels good. I think if you do those, you'll be able to get the top end back. I think the injectors are well capable of delivering enough fuel for top end performance; they have the same flow-rate as the OE injectors on the overseas model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
Yes, "indicated" usually means the stock speedometer.

Perhaps I wasn't clear on my experience. I only got up to 95mph in eco mode so rich mode actually got me a little faster. However, slower than that, rich mode really sucked. I thought it was supposed to be the same as eco mode but with a little more gas, but what I'm seeing is that eco mode delivers much better performance in the low and mid range.
yeah, the rich mode also needs work down low. That's also part of what I'm been working on. I've been trying to make it a more smooth transition from lean AFR's where rich isn't needed to rich AFR where performance is needed. It's tricky to get it to feel just right.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote