View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #24
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

I gotst this one.... http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/S...261_59409_1728

It was my first jacket, but I only paid $135ish dollars I think at the time. My one lasted a few months until the zipper broke. Took the jacket back to my local CG and they gave me a new jacket. Unfortunately that new jacket didn't seem like it was as good quality. The leather on it felt thinner. But at least the zipper hasn't fallen off this one.

I've had it for over a year and a half without any complaints. But the velcro on the cuffs has come off. It is an easy fix but I am too lazy to fix it. It doesn't bother me. I'd bet that CG would probably give me a replacement jacket if I brought it in. I may do that eventually to see if they will actually do that.

Anywho, the jacket is great for temps 60-100+ degrees. You will definitely sweat in it in the summer. But it isn't bad when you are moving. The mesh on it breaths well and I feel like the leather panels will offer decent protection if/when I go down on the pavement.

Personally, I wouldn't wear a regular mesh jacket. I want the protection that leather offers. But that's just me.

It's a good jacket for the money. But I wouldn't buy it for $190 dollars. Wait for it to go on sale.

Edit: So I thought the Paddock jacket was mesh for some reason. It's textile. I wouldn't wear it. I might have recently been down in a Alpine*'s textile jacket at somewhat slow speeds. And i gotta tell you, it didn't offer that much protection. Yes it was way better than nothing, but it can't compete with leather. Now I have a messed up textile jacket that is no longer waterproof and looks rough. If I was wearing leather I can almost guarantee it would have just been a little scuffed up and I wouldn't have lost skin off my arm and hip. Well worth the extra $200 dollars or so for a leather jacket.

I learned my lesson the hard way. I won't be buying another textile jacket again, unless it had leather in the major impact areas. Like this one... http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...leather-jacket But hey, it's up to you.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote