adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
I love simple solutions… commuting bag

Kayso…

On my Ninjette I commuted using an Axio hard shell tank bag. Big, but that's good… from time to time I have to carry a 15" laptop. It worked well and stayed put thanks to good magnets.

But I just got a GSXR750 and I'm not sure it'd work out. I can ride the bike with it, but because of the big high tank and sportbike position it's kind of in the way. Also, only a couple of the side magnets hit metal so it's not all that secure. Yeah, I know I can glue some magnets inside the plastic tank fairing. But overall, not ideal.

I was about ready to pop for one of these, an oh-so-sexy-if-I-do-say-so-myself Kriega US20, Easy on, easy off, just unhook it.

But then I stopped and said to myself "Self, where is it written that you can't put a tank bag on the pillion?"

Then it struck me. "Electrolux!" I cried.

The bag, like many such bags. has shoulder straps so you can wear it like a backpack.

I took the straps and ran them in an X under the tail. then clipped them to the handy D rings provided for that very purpose. They don't even get in the way of the GSXR's integrated turn signals.

Et voila! as they say in the land of Catherine Deneuve.

Almost looks like it was meant to be used this way.

At the end of the day I saved $139 but lost a chance to buy a new piece of gear. So I'm happy and sad at the same time.

At least I found an excuse to post a picture of Catherine Deneuve.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.