Old March 20th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #20
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Thanks, Misti.

Keith Code has made a huge contribution to the modern track motorcycling.

I wonder why he has not extended his teaching to street riding in a dedicated book and/or practical school.

In my opinion, that could have prevented many fatalities and accidents due to lack of proficiency in street riding.

I know there are books teaching the subject, but Mr. Code sees and goes were others cannot.

As I understand, he has been working on a book dedicated to the ergonomics of racing and track riding.
Despite the fact that CSS is taught on a race track, the majority of Code's students are STREET RIDERS and ALL of the techniques taught are applicable for street riding. Most of our students are regular street guys looking to improve their overall skills and they vastly outnumber the "racers" in the group.

His book Twist of the Wrist II and new video of the same name is full of riding techniques that are both street and track oriented and often gives practical advice about how a technique could be helpful on the street.

As for preventing many fatalities I think Keith Code has already done that many times over. We are constantly receiving letters and thank you notes from former students that have used the techniques they learned at one of the schools to avoid an accident. They often say, "what you taught me that day saved my life."

Code also runs military based schools that teach the same exact skill sets from his regular schools to military riders on their OWN streetbikes in order to improve their street riding techniques.

I think there is an overall misunderstanding that his schools are geared for racers or street riders when they are in fact not.

If you have any more questions about the school or want specifics on what is covered or anything, please ask and i'll be happy to answer

Misti
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote