View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:44 AM   #14
mfresh
Knee-dragger in Training

Name: Manny

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R (Sunbeam Red)

I am sure it depends on a whole lot of stuff.

I just know around my area by far women seem to "stick out" on the road. What I mean by that is anytime I am behind someone and they drive "odd" (swerving, too slow, too fast, etc.) it damn near 99% of the time is a female driver.

If by "aggressive" you mean "fast" then I do not doubt men probably do it more often.

The major thing is I don't notice it on the road, or at least don't feel "threatened" by it and thus don't pay attention to it.

I personally believe multi-tasking while driving is way more dangerous. I tend to take my driving seriously, and what I mean is that I try to dedicate as much as my focus to the road as possible and because of that I generally regard myself as a better than average driver.

However, I have driven while trying to multi-tasking, like texting on the phone to try and meet someone somewhere, and just overall not giving my 100% to the road and I have had by far the most near-accidents during those times.

Recently I had to meet a friend somewhere in a bit of a hurry and in the 10-15 minutes it took to get me there I almost got into 3 different accidents because I kept fiddling with the damn phone.

Hell, that alone was enough to make me refuse to touch my phone if the car is moving.

In my opinion the most important aspect of driving, on the street at least, is paying full attention to the road at all times.

That one moment you lose focus is all it takes to get into an accident.