View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2013, 09:01 AM   #40
Vintage Smoke
The 2 Stroke Ninja!!

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R, 1977 RD400, 72&73 RD350 75 RD200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
Is the primary gearing of the Banshie and the RD the same?
I'm not sure. There are actually different primary ratios for the different RD models. RD250, RD350, etc.

Maybe you meant the RZ? I believe the RZ has the same primary ratios as the Banshee, but the transmission ratios are different. I copied this from one of my earlier posts on this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Smoke View Post
Gearing on the Banshee transmission is really low in first gear for wicked drag race style launches and way to tall in the high gears.

The banshee tops out at a top speed where wind resistance isn't an issue. On many street bikes the GAP or difference between gears gets smaller and smaller as you go up to make up for the increasing drag of wind resistance. The banshee is geared so low in the chain and sprocket that it never really goes fast enough for wind resistance to be a factor.

To make up for that I used the banshee lower gears with the top gears from an RZ350 which was a street bike.

I saved the taller top gears for my Banshee triple engine which may go in the bike after all the bugs are worked out with the twin. That project is only a bare set of cases right now so who knows when or if that wil actually come together.
A 100+hp Ninjette sure does sound like fun though !!!!
Vintage Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote