View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2013, 04:09 AM   #18
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Black 2013 Ninja ZX6R ABS

Be detailed and honest. Even if adding details that might hurt you sale (damage, issues, etc). Don't BS as the people who are interested usually know what they are doing.

Someone else mentioned but I agree: don't ask for OBO. State your price and stay firm. As long as the price is fair, someone will buy it eventually.
Don't hold the bike for anyone. Whoever brings you the money first gets the bike.

Don't allow test drives without full value in hand. It sounds a bit much, but I made a document the test driver would need to sign in order to get a test drive. If they wreck the bike for some reason, it's their word vs yours if they try to get their money back.

Download an official bill of sale from your state website.

Make a Google Voice account and give that out as a number. You can call/test for free within the US from that number.

Don't meet people at your place. Find a public open area to meet (I pick grocery store parking lots as they have cameras). If you can, bring a friend or two.

Make sure you're clear it's sold as is. Put this somewhere on the bill of sale! Even if the bike is in 100% perfect brand new condition, sell it as is. This way, if the new owner messed it up at all, they have no chance in returning it.

Don't hand over the keys until funds are verified (count the money). It's easy to make mistakes so you don't want to be the one paying for it.

Emails are fine as long as you verify they are real people. With craigslist, no matter how hard you try, you'll get spam in both email/text. Read the scam information on craiglists and REPORT ANY SCAMMERS!
NathanUc is offline   Reply With Quote