View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2009, 02:34 PM   #1
sm0kediver
one disaster at a time

Name: Jody

Motorcycle(s): EX250J9

500 Mile Day on the Ninja

I left home Saturday morning enroute to the SE Rally at Deal's Gap. There's no cell signal in those mountains, so I never actually found Corey Beth or anyone else, but what a day! I rode the Cherahola Skyway, The Dragon, and caught Wolf Pen Gap on the way back in North Georgia. Hwy 60 North from Suches is an amazing ride too. I let the sun go down while attempting a shortcut (I fly by the seat of my pants - no map or GPS), and ended up doing about 1 1/2 hours in the dark. I had to spend the night in my family's cabin in Ellijay, so yesterday was also my first overnight trip on the little Ninja.

Observations:

* The Ninja is awesome on twisty mountain roads.

*The Ninja can be parked pretty much anywhere.

* It's adequate on high speed four lanes, but not the best choice. It purrs at 60, but 70+ just isn't it's strong suit. I think the bike was fine, but the rider experiences a lot more wind drag, and has to work the throttle a lot more.

* Stretch breaks become more frequent as the day goes by. That seat sucks!

*Did I mention that the seat sucks?

I didn't take a camera. Heck I wasn't prepared for anything. I had to go to Walmart to buy a toothbrush when I realized I wasn't going to make it back home. Killboy and the other outfits shot several pics of me on the Dragon, so hopefully those will turn out.
sm0kediver is offline   Reply With Quote