View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM   #1
BRad704
Big Dreams, Small Wallet

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R (Sold), 93 VFR750F (In Pieces)

Bout to have a few dollars... Stressing over what to buy

So I sold 2 of my old smart phone back to Gazelle and am about to have $126 in my Paypal acct. Combine that with what's left of my tax return, and I'm looking to upgrade my gear for the summer.

Right now, I'm good on helmets (2 Bilt helmets that fit me very well) and gloves (new Joe Rocket's that are like the SM2.0, but without the gauntlet).

Jacket, I'm wearing a Bilt textile (notice the pattern already? that vents pretty well with the liner out, but is now really baggy on me. No liner and no fleece under it anymore. Problem is that I'm 6'2" and 175lbs with a 41" chest and long arms. Tall and skinny-ish. I'm thinking Medium-Tall.

Pants, my only pants are Bilt Ironworker Kevlar cargo pants. Usually with jeans or trackpants underneath. I have worn these with nothing under them, and they aren't too hot at all, just not very good protection.

Boots, again, Bilt Typhoon waterproof. Comfy but zero breathability. Won't do well much longer in the Memphis heat.

If you've read this far, I value your opinion. What would YOU spend your next $200 on?