Thread: Yep...
View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:42 PM   #36
mfresh
Knee-dragger in Training

Name: Manny

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R (Sunbeam Red)

Well I have the bike sitting in the garage.

I haven't done a super thorough inspection of the bike yet, I need to clean it up first.

However, in terms of body work here's what is damaged:
  • Cowling needs to be replaced
  • Front fender needs to be replaced
  • Left side fairing is... gone lol
  • Left side rearset is bent to hell (pretty damn good survivability, props to SVRacing/Blair)
  • Left side clip-on snapped in half but otherwise the controls are still there
That is pretty much it from a brief visual inspection. The gas tank is not nearly as bad as I initially thought. There's a dent on the top where the GoPro was mounted but other than that looks good.

Somehow the side mirrors survived and the head light is in, seemingly, damn near perfect condition.

The only thing that worries me is that I can't quite tell if the forks are bent. Once I get the bike naked and cleaned up (mud all over the place) I'll be able to better asses if there's any major frame damage.

I am quite certain it rained the day before so the ground/grass was probably still fairly soft and may have absorbed a good bit of the impact.

If this is all that needs to be replaced then I don't think it will be too bad to repair. I may end up going with black fairings as tyga-performance has them priced quite attractively. Wonder if the bike will look odd with the front half black and the back half red.

Here's hoping.

Update

Oh yeah, bit of a funny tidbit. When the guy was dropping the bike off at my place and finally rolled the thing off the trailer he was like, "What is that, a Ninja 1000?". I said "nope, Ninja 250". "250?? What the heck, it looks larger."

Lol. Heh.

Common mistake.