View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #25
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
I have my $500 radar detector on my bike and the audio is piped strait into my helmet to I don't ever have to look for a warning. The detector and my phone are both fed into a Bluetooth transmitter via a reverse audio Y-cable then the audio is transmitted to my Bluetooth helmet com system. I can listen to music and take calls and all the while if I'm tagged with radar it will sound over anything else so I never miss it.

Radar detectors are not full proof and are practically useless on any "FUN" roads with curves. Lets be honest when you doing double or triple the speed limit around corners the cop won't even need his radar to cite you. I've been saved by mine 4 times while on city streets and hwys, twice laser and twice radar.

I always(98.7%) drive and ride calm and comfortable, but after 7 years pushing 200Mph the speeds what I feel comfortable at are normally higher then the posted max when its an open road. I'm glad the 250 sounds likes its screaming at 75-80mph because that's what keeps me from going any higher.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.