View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #10
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Black 2013 Ninja ZX6R ABS

Ooooh man have I got a story regrading these type of spaces....

At the University I work for, they have FEV (fuel efficient vehicle) spots. I used to park my bike there every night when I came into work. Sure enough, every morning I'd get a notice saying not to park there. They couldn't REALLY give me a ticket, but if they really wanted to, they could have towed me because they enforced the rules in that parking lot.

I complained almost daily with the manager who said this:
"We are using the listing provided by the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEE). Their current list of qualified vehicles is attached, and is also at greenercars.org (go to the news&documents page, and look for LEED MY 2001-2012 Low Emission Vehicles)."

Of course, no motorcycles were listed. I showed them the stats of the motorcycle and to the best of my ability, put it in the same format as the charts they used. They still refused to acknowledge my motorcycle. This really annoyed me because MANY of the cars on that list were not as 'green' as my motorcycle was at the time. I'm not just talking MPG because there's more to it then that, but my emissions were also well above par.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk and I wouldn't park something like my 636 there, but if they are going to give individuals who drive eco vehicles special privileges, I felt myself and the many smell/medium motorcycle drivers there deserved them as well. After weeks of trying to state my case (for me and other moto riders), they decided to add motorcycle spots.... on the sidewalk.

Since then, I've moved on to a better job across the street, but it's nice to know that my complaints helped other riders who worked at that building. Even if it was just a couple of small spots on the sidewalk.

EDIT: You ride a Tuono. I am immensely jealous and changed my mind. Those spots are only for cars and people who don't own one of the all time best motorcycles ever.
NathanUc is offline   Reply With Quote