View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #52
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
...Now I see how it sounds,...........but still believe that something is eating something inside.

....some parts may wear out and become noisy when working, such like the gears, the damping device, the bearings and the pulling mechanism.

It is also possible that the noise comes from the transmission or the cam chain.

I agree with what Motofool says. Looking at one of your post, you said..."Whenever I start his bike it makes a screeching noise in neutral, whenever I put it in first and pull the clutch is it stops, then I release the clutch and slowly put throttle. It makes the noise again and then i start going and the noise stops."

You never really said how it shifted or rode. Was the clutch lever hard to pull? Is there any evidence of metal in the oil screen?

The tranny has constantly meshed gears and is spinning even while in neutral. It is very possible that one or more gears is damaged (teeth chipped or worn or not moving like it should) or something as simple as the clutch push rod or bearing.

This is thought. To see if the noise is in the gears or not, is to put the bike on a rear stand and turn the rear wheel while in neutral to see if the squeal is present in absence of the clutch. However you may not get it going fast enough to replicate the sound.

Did yours squeal like the one in this video?
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.