View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #126
eulark
ninjette.org member

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Blue Ninja 250, 98 ZX6E, 06 ZX636

Oh no, sorry. The engine turned over like a champ every time. The battery i just filled with water and took to the auto parts store. They tested it, charged it and tested it again. And tested it again a week later for my curiosity's sake. haha.

My guess is that the carbs are just really gummed up. I probably played with the choke too much too. Live and learn i guess.

And it wasnt pouring gas before trying to run it, i pulled the line after the first few tries and then it poured a small stream like it should i think. Otherwise nothing was coming out.

Anywho, i went ahead and pulled the airbox, went ahead and did the battery box cutoff mod to make life simpler next time, and pulled the carbs. I'm taking it all home to clean and possibly do that airbox cutting mod. Have to look into it, but i dont know if it will require rejetting with the airbox mod...I have a full muzzy to install once everything is running and i have some cash to play with. haha. So i would rather hold off on rejetting until then

The timing is good for sure. I triple checked it. So at least in N. Korea our missiles wont be off on that haha.

On the plus side, while i was pulling everything, i realized i lined my back tire up wrong. Slanted to the brake pedal side, so if anything, I caught that. Now its lined up nice and straight too and the chain is nice and tight.

How worried should i be about rust in the gas tank? I know most is cleaned out, but still...

Thanks guys!
eulark is offline   Reply With Quote