View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2009, 02:08 AM   #101
novak2k9
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomwalk101 View Post
oh you're right...the info was on the other forum..not this one Opps, my bad.

Anyways, that elec relay is okay for 2 LED signals. But in order to have four LEDs, you need to add a couple of diodes to the bulb/signal indicator. Kawi (and some others like Aprila) combines both right/left signals into one...so you need to put the diodes in to prevent backflows. This is true with the case of putting four LEDs in, when you hit the signal, all four signals will light up solid. Diodes solves this issues...Elec flasher corrects the flashing rate.
Yes, resistors will do but will heat up if you forget to turn off the signals..may cause wires or plastic to melt. Heat will eventually kills the resistors too...not the best route.

Okay my bike is torn apart, and experience the flashing on all led's. Protons on front, led rear. First time I heard about this diode fix and have a few questions.

I'm not familiar with electronics, so is it just any diode? Checking Radio Shack I see various amps...switching diodes, etc. type of diodes.

I don't have my service manual yet, so how many diodes total for all for led lights? I'm not sure of the routing. So for left turn signal, it's 2 diodes in between 2 wires that are cut originaly going to the bulb? So from there, are the 2 wires split off to each the left front and left rear led. So just 4 diodes total (2 left, 2 right) to run all 4 led's?

sorry for confusion, it will be easier once i can tear into the dash tomorrow...which is another question..we have to remove the whole top dash right?
novak2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote