Thread: 2 Up riding
View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #172
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Hey all. The 2-up rides were really fun! It was my passenger's first time ever on a bike, and he called her fast. Yeah! He was giddy and it was a cool reminder of my first time on a bike. Popping the 2-wheel cherry. THere's never a cooler feeling...well, except maybe dragging knee on a racetrack!
Anyway, the only times I had problems were occasionally when coming to a complete stop. The bike got wobbly and felt unstable. I think it was because I was tensing up on the bars a bit because the extra weight made me feel unstable. I got better by our 3rd ride on it, but I still didn't feel comfortable at stops. Oh, and we went over a pair of railroad tracks and had a bit of a tank slapper. Loose on the bars works every damn time. But I was like DAYUM! That's never happened to me in that spot before.
So I'll absolutely do it again, but I was surprised at the adjustments I was having to make due to the extra weight on back.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote