View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2013, 07:05 AM   #75
caps
Sexy Beast

Name: Mat

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2006 ZX-14, 2012 Ducati Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Well as many of you know on 10-11-12 I had a slight misunderstanding with a guard rail. It won. Anyway my knee is almost closed so I am starting to put the scooter back together. Money is pretty tight with all the racking up medical bills, but I'm slowly making progress. Foe those of you who have never ridden with me this is what it USED to look like;

and this is what I'm working with now;

I've ordered all of the parts I need to at least start it. Hopefully they will arrive by this coming weekend and I will be able to see if I need to put this off for a while (If I have engine problems), or if I can keep going one piece at a time. The first thing I did was pick up a full OEM exhaust since my headers were tweaked and I found a full system on craigslist for DIRT cheap. It is off a 2010 which has a different header then the 06/07 mine had. So first thing I had to do was cut open the new header to remove the catalytic converter that mine didn't have.

Now that is sitting at Burkette's house curing for the next day or two. So when the new (i <3 salvage yards) lower radiator hose comes in I will pick the header up. Then all I have to do to see if it cranks is;
  • Paint the header
  • Mount the new header
  • Mount the OEM slip ons
  • Mount the radiator
  • Install the radiator plumping
  • Pray
  • Attempt to start it

I also REALLY don't want to paint this thing (I hate painting, and I can't imagine it being easy with all the curves), so I have been playing around with a couple ideas;

But nothing is set in stone yet. I also picked up a TON of OEM plastics, so I have a second set of almost every fairing, and triples of the tail.
Quote:
Cylinder 1

Cylinder 2

Quote:
Cylinder 3

Cylinder 4

Quote:
While I was in the garage I fiddled a bit more.

Quote:
Quote:
Wrap was the wrong one, finally got the new one in.

Quote:

caps is offline   Reply With Quote