Thread: Wheelies
View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #99
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Sorry for laughing so hard. Also, sorry for telling others to watch and laught along. Also, sorry for sending it to a lot of others for a good laugh. I hope she wasn't hurt. I don't like wheelies. I do them as the occur while riding but I don't try to do wheelies for show. I used to use 2nd gear to start races because of this. Have her try second for the launch and she may have better results.

I have done dirt bike wheelies and road race wheelies out of turns however; they are never more than a foot or so high.

She has a great clutch for that kind of grab.
After the races that same day we all were laughing our asses off. Don't worry about telling others to watch it...it has over 20,000 views. It's gone viral. She wasn't hurt other than a big bruise on her hip and butt and her pride. The bike didn't run for the rest of the day because the quickshifter shorted out from the impact. AP Moto Arts guys started working on it Saturday all the way into Sunday...so huge thanks to the guys at AP Moto Arts. They got her back and running so she can at least do Sunday's races.

We just discovered though that one of the vent lines actually cracked inside the gas tank and was causing gas to pour out from an air vent line to the point where her tank would be practically empty after filling it up. She has a spare tank and is getting it repainted to match her color scheme. Not sure if she is going to have someone attempt to fix her tank since the break is internal. Repairing it would require actually cutting into the tank to access the broken air vent line.
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote