View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #39
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahT View Post
Did a little work last night. I realized the edges of the bellypan weren't perfect and I could see inside of it, so I hit the inside with some semi-flat high-temp black and then did the re-painted edges with the blue. Came out very nice. The slight reflection off the black paint inside tricks the eye into thinking it's all blue

[ pictures I took didn't turn out well, imagine one is here. there you go! ]

The wheels are pulled. Tires should be here in a couple days, then I need to find a shop to mount and balance on the cheap. Ram Cycles is good for that, but they aren't opening at their new location for like 2 more weeks!

And then there's the Bowser helmet. Picked up a cheap HJC Modular from craigslist. In July a bunch of us are going to one of those indoor 65mph gokart racing places.... but we're all going as Mario Kart characters! I gotta get a Bowser backpack, paint an old white shirt to look like his belly, and gonna paint this helmet like his face. I'm a horrible artist though, so let's hope it works out.

I plasti-dipped it black to have a blank canvas... but opening and closing the modular started ripping the dip. Oh well, it looked good at first. Maybe I'll spray my Scorpion flat black, it looked really cool!
Love the Mario Kart idea! My buddies and I play classic Mario Kart 64 Battle Mode almost every weekend.

I'm still hoping to make my blue bike Blue Falcon-themed with corny Captain Falcon gear from F-Zero.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote