Thread: Clip ons
View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #13
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaryda View Post
Some updated pics:
Nice work!!

But just be aware that those chinese clip-on's are kinda crappy. The woodcraft design is much better.

My friend has those chinese clip-on's on his 250. He pushed hard in a turn and the clip-on moved forward. Could have ended badly. I don't know if the bolts loosened over time or if the design just sucks. With the woodcraft clip-on's you have four bolts clamping onto the forks. You can just tell that the WC clip-ons are better quality when you see both side by side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Try mounting them on top of the triples. Also, why would you take off the temp guage? That's a very useful gauge.
It's overrated. I just listen for the fan to kick on, and feel for when the bike is getting hot. That is how I know it is running hot. And really, my bike only has problems staying cool when it is about 90+ degrees and sitting in traffic.

I'd say that the only useful gauge is the tachometer. That is the only gauge that I miss and really wish I had. But I can live without it.

Jono is offline   Reply With Quote