View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #11
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
by clutch cover you mean the carbon fiber cover that goes over the right side of the engine/clutch area?

Yep. That's the one.

Quote:
i havent had much time to remember the names of everything (since i got the indonesian names, and you are giving me the english names of the items), to avoid confusion maybe put the picture in your post, lol...
I was listing what was available to me in the US in hopes that the Indonesian alternatives could undercut them:
Sportisi hugger (was actually looking at the cheaper and better-looking V2 hugger) - USA Sportisi distributor; Charges $175 for the Sportisi V2, IIRC.
Koso adapter board/bracket - Was $20 in one group buy and $25 in another. Certainly don't want to spend $50! There's another GB going on but I'd rather get a good deal on the bezel/shroud/adapter you have available!
SSR clutch cover - I want to cheaply hide some cosmetic damage on a couple engines but $70+ is not cheap! I actually passed up on a $40 one and I'm kicking myself now (still seemed expensive). I'm also interested in finding one for the other side (stator/alternator/crank cover) but no one seems to make that here.

As for what they are called there, OK:
I think the hugger and swingarm cover are called the hugger and "kondom" or something:
Quote:
more faring stuff:
The thing that fits my Koso RX2n to the stock 250J's gauge position and negates the official "adapter plate" from Koso is often called a "Koso bracket" or "bezel" and often sold with a volt meter.
I can only assume that the clutch cover is called the "carbon fiber cover that goes over the right side of the engine/clutch area" because that's what you called it. I don't know what to call the cover on the other side if it even exists, but I know that they are collectively called "case covers" here and that the left side is the stator/alternator/crank.
The KTC ignition cover is what you once called the "ignition key cap" (see below).

Quote:
i can check if they have that clutch cover for both the new and old (pre 2013, and post 2013) ninjette.
Thanks! That'd be awesome if they do. Also, do you know if it stands off the engine case or sits flush against it? The SSR one uses standoffs/risers so that there is a gap and so it is more likely to fit the older 250F.

Quote:
send me a pic of the KTC item that you are hoping to get, and i can see if its still available here.

cheers~
This thing from a post of yours long ago:
Quote:
ignition key cap:

Closed

and opened
--------------------
Thanks for all your help!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote