View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #1
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Flew home: sold bike bought bike

Well today I did the unexpected, I sold my ninja 250. Its been a great 3 years I have had with the bike. I did so much and learned so much on this bike. This bike took me from an inexperienced new rider to a rider ready to drag knee on every corner on the track without a second thought. I was planning to keep the bike and make it track only at some point but at this point in time its unfeasible to do so and probably will remain that way for a few years. I haven't really been logging on here in quite awhile mostly because of being constantly disappointed (most recently being hired and then the job falling through resulting in me staying in Ohio for a couple months) trying to get an engineering position and sending resumes and networking left and right.

In any case I had been really eying the new triumph bikes, in particular I really got interested in the new street triple r. I took an 09 for a test ride at the dealer, and man, that was an amazing ride. When the 13's came out I was really invested into getting one. I never thought I'd get interested in a naked bike but the looks of that triumph just kept me saying dayum that is a sweet looking bike.

So I walk into a dealer a few days ago and tell them I'm interested in a 2013 triumph street triple r. I'm told there is only one left in the state until the 2014 models come out. At that point I left and pondered whether I should go for it, which I did. So I called the next day put a deposit on it and 3 days later I pick it up this morning and drop off my 250. So allow me to present to you my new 2013 Triumph Street Triple R:

IMG_20130420_104440.jpg

IMG_20130420_104503.jpg

Better pics to come. So far this thing is awesome, its more advanced than my car (and a lot faster too lol). The induction sound it makes is friggen musical, one of the reasons I had to get a Triumph triple. It came with 6 miles on it (because they went to fill it up and run a check on it they say) and now its at 83. Clutch is a lot heavier than the 250 so I'm going to have to get used to that. Going to be adding a flyscreen, belly pan, and a host of other stuff as I save the money to do so.

When I first bought the 250 it was all I wanted and I felt satisfied when I got it. But then the motorcycle community that I was never fully aware of really got me started looking at all sorts of bikes. At the time I bought the 250 the thought of getting something else never crossed my mind but now, well, I done gots me somethin' else. Anyways thanks for reading and checking it out. I'll be sticking around, or continue lurking as I have been haha.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast

Last futzed with by 00NissanNinja; April 20th, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote