View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2009, 12:46 AM   #105
novak2k9
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r

Okay update

Got the new led's, installed them. ALL lights flash when turn signal is on. This means I need to install diodes and the electronic relay doesn't fix this, just the flash rate.

So I review the instructions from post 76, and it describes to solder 2 diodes to one wire to indicator light, and 2 wires from diode ends to wires going to socket(s). Now a little confusion here...what 2 wires?? I can understand possible one wire being the green one from light, but what 2nd wire? Also I didn't know what voltage of diodes to buy at Fry's electronics. I bought 4 diodes of 12 volt 1 watt, this good? We only need to use 2 diodes?

Please see all pics, I took photos of under the dash with complete notes. I drew an illustration of what maybe we need to do, I don't know if this is correct. The wires are colored to exact ones on the bike. Sorry but i can't update any more info since I have the bike at my parent's garage and I don't live there. I won't be able to work on it until next weekend, but and idea of what to do would help me and the others.

Anyone that installed 4 leds lights to the 250 please let us know what wires you connected. A drawing of full connection would help good, i did mine in photoshop but just plain paint will do.

This project i thought would be cake compared to putting sliders on last week hasn't been haha...and just bought the 2008 2 weeks ago. Would like to get this going and put back together...pieces everywhere. Thanks for any help and i hope the photos will help others
Attached Images
File Type: jpg signal.jpg (72.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg socket1.jpg (93.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg socket2.jpg (70.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg socket3.jpg (77.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg wiring.jpg (119.5 KB, 37 views)
novak2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote