View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2013, 02:32 PM   #4
dooby
ninjette.org member

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): '11 250R SE (FI), '14 Daytona 675, '14 Sprint 1050 GT SE

I grabbed some sort of "all in one" book - may even have been Haynes, more famous for their DIY manuals. I'll look it up, but it had all the theory test questions. I read it through a few times before the test and managed 50/50 for that part.

Like Roger, I found the video test a bit pointless. In fact, one of them I believed I saw a developing hazard really early but worried I'd clicked too early to be scored. So I clicked a few more times as the hazard became more obvious and it scored me zero for clicking too many times. My least fun part of the test process, very easy for me to over think it...

The book had useful diagrams including measurements for the mod 1 practical part, so I went to a local empty car park and marked out my own version of the course with various belongings and practised all the manoeuvres.

OK I dug it out - I ordered this:

"Learn to Ride 2011/2012: Everything You Need to Pass Your Motorcycle Test (Haynes All in One Book)" for a tenner off Amazon.

It *was* useful to learn what I needed to pass but less so on the actual skills of how to ride. Things like Twist of the Wrist and other books recommended on here were more useful for that side of things.

HTH, Pete
dooby is offline   Reply With Quote