View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #80
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Anyone coming from another state other than VA. Please get a lay of the land and an idea of where you are going to join up. I will only be responsible for the route i planned out which is mostly outlined on the first page in one of the early posts. I will make some slight modifications to the route but these changes will be after we have picked everyone up.

Options are as follows, once we get a firm list of riders you could potentially try and meet up with other riders along the way that are on the same route if it is feasible to meet up with them on the way to the MD group. This being said with a quick glance at the map it looks like for anyone coming from PA meeting the MD group in Thurmont, MD, or Breezewood PA is the best option. If you meet us in Thurmont there are some good roads on the way up to Breezewood. If you meet us in Breezewood that is great tons of good riding yet to be had. Whatever is easiest for you, again you choose this route if you want to take the turnpike the whole way to Breezewood, its your prerogative.

People coming from Central/South Phili have a tougher decision to make. Head east on the pike towards Breezewood/Thurmont, or shoot down 95 to meet up with Me near Columbia, MD or along 70 west of Baltimore.

Keep in mind I would like to leave Thurmont at 11am, 12pm at the latest putting us at our destination at ~3pm giving us time for a break then an evening ride there. From Thurmont to Breezewood it would take us ~ 1.5hrs so you would not have to be in Breezewood until 12:30, or 1:30pm depending on the Thurmont departure time which will be solidified once we get definitive list of riders.

In short, if it is going to take you 3hrs to get to Thurmont, you will have to get on the road at ~8am, got it?
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote